- Life Science
- Flow Cytometry
- Solution Provision
- Knowledge Centre
- Clinic & Laboratory
Sysmex Group Companies
Select your local website
FOB Gold pierce tube
Manipulation-free: from faecal sample collection to direct analysis
- Patented pierceable tube (patent no. EP2223656B1)
- Easy to handle, safe and hygienic
- Opens only on one side (collection side)
- No manipulation needed – neither by the participant nor the lab personnel
We offer the patented 2-in-1 FOB Gold pierce tube, which has been especially designed for use with the dedicated faecal analyser SENTiFIT 270 and/or total lab automation (TLA) walk-away solutions for high-throughput testing needs.
The combination of the tube and the analyser make the laboratory workflow particularly easy and efficient: Tubes are received directly from patients and/or physicians, and can be analysed directly on the SENTiFIT 270 or TLA solution. This eliminates the need for any further tube handling.
Other features such as long haemoglobin stability, barcoding and standardised sample volume further enhance the use of these tubes.
Advantages for the laboratory
- Minimum sample handling: the tube is used to collect the faeces and is analysed directly on the stand-alone analyser SENTiFIT 270 or a walk-away TLA solution
- Standardised faeces sampling: always collect the correct sample volume
- Stable haemoglobin: 14 d at 2-8°C, 7 d at 15-30°C – simplifies lab management
- Easily identify patients thanks to barcoded tube labels
- The faeces collection tube conforms to transportation regulations for UN3373 classification (biological substance transport)
Sysmex Norway NUF
Regulatory documents, such as Instructions for Use, can be accessed with a valid My Sysmex login:Go to My Sysmex